Facebook launched its “Custom Audiences” feature, which lets advertisers to run marketing campaigns targeted specially to particular clients.
This is a enormous improvement, changing Facebook marketing and letting advertisers to currently target clients based on the behavioral actions they take outside of Facebook. They can upload a spreadsheet of client email addresses or phone numbers and run campaigns that will only be seen by these individuals. To guarantee data security, Facebook hashes this information when matching against client information and then junks your original upload list. It also lets advertisers to improve target segments of on hand clients. The feature allows you to match phone numbers, email address, or user IDs gathered offline to actual Facebook users. That contact information might come from customer loyalty programs, applications on Facebook, prospective customers or elsewhere. Any contact list that you have is usable.
Custom Audiences is the same fundamental form of retargeting accessible on many other ad serving platforms, but it’s fairly new-fangled on Facebook, they are able to hook up online and offline behaviors, addressing many marketers’ concerns that the groups they interrelate with on Facebook are not the same persons who are coming in their stores or buying their goods.
Your business undeniably has a database of clients. You may be making use of that database to keep email addresses, phone numbers, Facebook user IDs and app user IDs. You can target the clients on these lists with your Facebook marketing, whether they are your existing fans or not. As an alternative of worrying over demographics, exact interests and Partner Category targeting in an attempt to get to your ideal viewers, all you have to do is upload your client list to Facebook. Facebook then matches up email addresses, for instance, with the email addresses of users on Facebook. Not all of the email addresses you gather are unswervingly connected to an email address of a Facebook user. Once this list is generated in Facebook, you have a Custom Audience you can use in your advertising. Implementing the Custom Audiences feature is free and simple for Facebook advertisers. just take your list of email address or phone numbers and input into Power Editor. Facebook will encrypt the data and look for matches among real Facebook users. Consequently, your Custom Audience is formed.
Benefits of Custom Audiences:
- Online retailers can run Facebook ad campaigns that suggest goods to clients who in recent times made related purchases.
- Ability to Target friends of clients. Formerly, Facebook only allow advertisers target friends of users who liked your page. At the present, you can run ad campaigns targeted to friends of your clients. as an alternative of endorsing goods to people who bought a particular type of merchandise or similar items, you can promote the goods you want to all of the friends of clients that purchased something similar.
- Increase your ROI from events. If your company is holding a local event, you can upload a list of your local clients, prospects, or attendees to Facebook and run an ad campaign urging these clients to visit the event. Or, if you want to use behavioral marketing to boost your return on investment, make a custom audience of only clients who in recent times interacted with your brand at events, with your sales team, or online.
- Retarget. When your clients place goods in their shopping carts but don’t make an acquisition, or view a sign-up form but don’t submit it, you can make use of Custom Audiences to re-target these users on Facebook.
- Drive in-store purchases with mobile ads. If you’re brand runs physical locations, you can boost repeat client visits by running Facebook ads for your in-store specials. Run a Facebook mobile ad campaign, which will reach clients just when they view Facebook on their devices. You can get even more targeted by running the ad campaign only with clients that live in cities where you have locations.