Facebook has been very successful over the years and it might be very interesting to find out more about it. Here is a list of 10 interesting facts we have found online and that you might enjoy reading during a small break!
1. Facebook’s initial corporate partners, rolled out on May of 2006, were Apple and Microsoft together with Intel, Amazon and EA. a few of the other initial partnerships in addition counts Gap, Accenture, Pepsi, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Intuit. Everybody else had to hang around until September 2006 to join Facebook.
2. Each morning when people wake up, forty eight percent of eighteen to thirty year olds look at their Facebook account. Twenty seven percent of that demographic in point of fact look at Facebook prior to them even getting out of bed.
3. The mainly widespread life event used by users in last year was: Relationship; Got Engaged, Got Married. This was preceded by Traveled, Moved, Ended a Relationship and First Met a Friend.
4. From the time when Facebook rolled out there have been a one hundred fifty billion friend connections, 1 point thirteen trillion likes and two hundred fifty billion photos uploaded. On a daily basis there are three hundred fifty million photos uploaded, four point five billion likes, ten billion messages sent and twenty two billion times that the Like or Share buttons are viewed.
5. If you’re not aware of the term “URL” - type the web address (www.facebook.com/4). Its not certain why Zuckerberg selected the fourth ID number as a replacement for number one, but this is a swift and effortless way to arrive to the first Facebook wall that is owned by its maker. Putting in the numbers five or six to the end of the URL will bring you to the individual profiles of Chris Hughes and Dustin Moskovitz, Facebook co-founders and Mark’s previous college schoolmates.
6. You can modify your language on Facebook to Pirate. This comprise of referring to friends Mateys, the word Cap'n shows up prior to everybody's name, pictures are referred to as portraits, commenting is called scrawling a mark, and as an alternative of liking something you just say Arr!. Go to Account> Languages> Select English (Pirate)
7. Total monthly users: 1,310,000,000 with six hundred eighty million of them on mobile devices.
8. Every twenty minutes on Facebook one million links are shared, two million friends are requested and three point two million messages are sent.
9. The mostn checked-in locations in the U.S. for the period of 2013, not including transportation hubs, were: Anaheim, Calif.; AT&T Park, San Francisco; Fenway Park, Boston; MGM Grand Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas; Disneyland & Disney California Adventure, Epcot Center, Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.; Rangers Ballpark, Arlington, Times Square, New York City; Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles; Texas; Houston Livestock Show Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal City, Calif.; & Rodeo, Houston.
10. Napster’s co-founder Sean Parker switched Facebook from a college project into an concrete company. As seen in the film The Social Network, Parker changed the site’s name from Thefacebook.com by acquiring the domain Facebook.com for $200,000. in addition, it was Parker who insisted that the site add its most well-liked feature: photo sharing.